VOGONS

Common searches

Ok UMB and PFS problem

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by Richy33

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes I do not know technically there loaded exactly the same way they both work the same way just in 7 it does not allow me the space ?

Yes the exact same thing just one is xp and one is windows 7 ( I loaded dosbox and followed the tutorial and I'm in )

Yes LH is the only way to get past 128kb and I can open 188kb files but 190 191 200 nothing, it tries then says not enough mem ?? i don't know how to force 7 to open up more I only know the mods to the conf file.

Reply 21 of 24, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Richy33 wrote:

Yes the exact same thing just one is xp and one is windows 7 ( I loaded dosbox and followed the tutorial and I'm in )

So did you load DOSBox on the XP machine like you did in Windows 7? Can you post a screenshot of the program running on your XP machine?

If you are using DOSBox on your XP machine, then you should be able to just copy the DOSBox folder on your XP machine (as well as your c:\choice folder) to your Windows 7 machine, and it should work exactly the same.

Reply 22 of 24, by Richy33

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Didn't get a screenshot of the XP machine yet, but I tried loading XP mode(windows virtual PC) and still same limit's 🙁

Yes The xp machine just loaded the folder and launched the program thru dosbox and it works on all files 🙁 I will have that machine tomorrow and check every file.

Reply 23 of 24, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am concerned we are having a failure to communicate here. If you are using the Windows XP command prompt on the other computer, then that is definitely not the same (not even "technically" the same) as using DOSBox, even though it may look the same.

Reply 24 of 24, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm deeply impressed by the patience being shown here.

Richy33, if you want any help that will actually be useful to you, you may want to post two screenshots that show:

1. Your Windows XP desktop with the DOS window showing all the commands that you typed into it when trying to run your program.

2. Your Windows 7 desktop with the DOSBox window showing all the commands that you typed it when trying to run your program.

Without those screenshots, it's very unlikely that anyone will be able to help.