User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

dxr9k.jpg
default DOSBox 0.74.cfg

2jbwqpw.jpg
game shortcut

2rmqt5w.jpg

When i click apply, the two " signs from the first part with dosbox just dissapear and the shortcut doesent work. Run as administrator doesn't work. I have windows 7 ultimate. The below game is just a example. Please move my topic if you want. Other game gives me problems.
My dosbox folder is in F:\Programe\DOSBox-0.74 and my game is in E:\Jocuri\Dos\Eye Of The Beholder
If i try to drag eob.exe on dosbox.exe or shortcut this gives me :

4tjyg5.jpg

Doom4ever

Reply 1 of 1, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Edit: looked again and the problem is that you haven't read the readme which gives you the proper command line to enter in the target 😀
But *I* would do it like this:
in E:\Jocuri\Dos\Eye Of The Beholder create a text file called dosbox.conf and in that only write

[autoexec]
mount c "E:\Jocuri\Dos\Eye Of The Beholder"
c:
eob.exe

and in the Windows shortcut, only enter the dosbox.exe+path (F:\Programe\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox.exe) but in the field for "Start in" enter "E:\Jocuri\Dos\Eye Of The Beholder" (without the quotes).

Because the path is set to the Eye folder, Dosbox will use the dosbox.conf in there, use default settings, except for the [autoexec] part. So it will mount the eye folder and run the eye exe.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper