VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mkh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, world
I have faced the strange behavior while using DOSBox on the same machine under different OS.
I am using the app for 8-10 years, and has never faces such problems.
I was using the Kubuntu 14.04 on my current PC, and the DOSBox was absolutely fine.
I had installed the Debian 9 RC3 (with DosBox 0.74-4+b2), and it has begun to act very buggy. The version doesn't support the core=auto and core=dynamic in the configuration, so the one is forced to use the core=normal, and every app runs rather slow.
If you install the older version of the application - it will bring the yet another slideshow. Tested with DooM, DN3D: Atomic Edition and Blood 1. They used to work perfectly in Kubuntu with pretty same parameters.
Has anyone faced the similar situation? What are the most obvious steps, as the FAQ has not helped.
Thanks

Debian 9
XOrg, KDE5
CPU: Intel Pentium CPU N3700 @ 2.4GHz
GPU: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 405 (Braswell)
RAM: 4 GiB

Reply 1 of 2, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Use SVN of Dosbox and find a guide on how to compile and run 32bit software on a 64bit Linux. The problem is that in 0.74 the dynamic core is 32bit only. In SVN there is a 64bit dynamic core but it is not as performant as the 32bit one.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper