VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jamrom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.

I've been a very happy DosBox user for well... a very long time...

I've recently added it to my Retropie build and ran into a problem that has me stumped... let me describe the setup issue.

My retropie case is actually that of an old Sears Super Video Arcade machine and with that, I have an Ultimate PC Interface for Intellivision (UPCIntv) using the 2 original Intellivision controllers. The UPCIntv is plugged into USB0 on the Pi3. The trick with the UPCIntv is that it automatically assigns itself to 2 USB slots even though it's physically plugged into 1. So my USB0 and USB1 slots are virtually assigned to the UPCIntv. in the process, it wipes out any chance of me assigning a joystick/gamepad to any PC games as DosBox only seems to recognize the USB0 and USB1 as game interface slots. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Yes, I could move the UPCIntv to another USB slot, but that totally screws everything up as the UPCIntv tries to default to USB0 when nothing else is plugged in. So if I plug it in to another USB slot say number USB2, even though it's configured to use USB2 in it's own mappingfile, it will still seek USB0 to assign to player 1 controller when nothing is plugged into USB0 or USB1.

My best option is to somehow get DosBox to recognize my gamepad in physical USB1, or USB2. I've tried remapping, changing the joystick to 'auto' in the config.txt, manually editing.. but nothing works. I cannot get DosBox to see anything other than the 2 Intellivision controllers from the UPCIntv unit plugged into USB0.

I hope this all makes sense... it's very frustrating as I was hoping to just be able to plug in USB controllers as I do with all Retroarch emulated games and just go... but nothing seems to work.

If there is anything else I can write to help clarify my issue, please let me know

Thanks in advance,

JR

UPCIntv - http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/interfa … e/interface.php

Reply 3 of 3, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Why do you want to use Intellivision controllers anyway? Better get a gamepad or an analog joystick.

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)