VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by reble

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am having a problem with the "CD\" cmd in DosBox. I made the following bat file bellow for Duke Nukem II.

(c:\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "cycles auto" -c "mount c c:\games" -c "c:" -c "cd dgames" -c "cd duke-n" -c "cd duke-n2" -c "nukem2.exe")

And it works (and still works). I have similar bat files made up and I change the last CD\ cmd and the file.exe cmd for the other DOS games (-c "cd\ dir name" -c "file name.exe"). I have been using this setup for years.

I also have the following bat file bellow made up if I need to manually start a MSDOS file, like a setup or an install file, This bat file works. I get to "C:\dgames" then I do a "DIR/W" and the list of sub dir's comes up with all the dir's for all the DOS games. I try to get to "cd\duke-n\dn2test" and I get the error message as seen in the screen capture picture bellow. I can't even get it to change dir to just "duke-n" or to any other sub dir under the "dgames" dir. But the bat files that I have made up for each DOS game still work. I must be doing something wrong. I have never got this error message in the millions of times that I have used the "CD" cmd in the bat file bellow.

(c:\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "cycles auto" -c "mount c c:\games" -c "c:" -c "cd\dgames")

Attachments

Steve
From the desk of the Amateur Radio Station of KC7BYP.

Reply 1 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

replace the \ with a space in the cd command.
\ is interpreted as that you want to enter a top level directory, instead of a subdirectory of a directory

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 2, by reble

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks. I forgot about that. The answer was to close to me that if it was a snake, it would have bit me. 😀 😁

Qbix wrote:

replace the \ with a space in the cd command.
\ is interpreted as that you want to enter a top level directory, instead of a subdirectory of a directory

Steve
From the desk of the Amateur Radio Station of KC7BYP.