VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by rotaxt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi!

i use dosbox daum and love the CRT.D3D.br.fx-shader.

i am no pro so i need your fast advice please:

i also realy like the CRT-geom-curved.fx-shader so i would like to combine the best of both worlds.

could you please guide me where and how (values) exactly i have to edit the CRT.D3D-shader so that this shader gets the same curved-effect like the CRT-geom-shader?

thank you and best regards

Reply 1 of 6, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

As Daum is no longer maintained, I suggest you try to find a DOSBox variant that is currently being developed which does support output shaders so you can ask devs and users for that variant how they would do this. As Daum is quite out of date and known to be broken in some ways, you might consider switching if you find a version that meets your requirements. Vanilla DOSBox doesn't support output shaders, nor do any variants I'm aware of, but I hope you're able to find what you need.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 2 of 6, by rotaxt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi gdjacobs!

thanks for your reply. to be honest i am a little confused by your answer. dosbox daum in connection with dbgl runs perfectly with all my games, i can setup easily shaders, mt32-sound or soundfonts. even if dosbox daum is no longer maintained - i don't know any similar dosbox-fork which has better, newer or more features. if you have a tip for me - thanks in advance!

so regarding my question i think it doesn't matter how old this version is. inside of the shader-file, you "only" have to edit 1 or 2 small values in the curvature-section, but i am not quite sure which values and where exactly.

to edit the same shader in fs-uae it was exactly that way.

best regards

Reply 3 of 6, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What I'm trying to say is that the best person to answer your question is the Daum maintainer, and he's not around anymore. Except for particular threads, such as the one for DOSBox ECE, this forum is for vanilla DOSBox. You need to locate a DOSBox version that uses shaders and is current or the origin of the shader patch. That way, you can ask your question on the forum or ML most appropriate to your problem.

FWIW, the patch author is gulikoza@si-gamer.net, but I'm not sure if he's still working on DOSBox.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 5 of 6, by Azarien

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rotaxt wrote:

ok i understand. i thought (or hoped) that these shaders are a generic thing and easy to edit because many emulators are using similar shaders.

They are generic Direct3D shaders, meaning that a person that has knowledge of Direct3D shaders should be able to merge the two.