VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by RogueBullet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been racking my brain on this one for about a month and I really hope someone here has something that can help me. Doesn't seem like there is any information on this anywhere I look and I've tried playing around with as many settings as make sense to me, so here goes.

I'm running windows 10 and an Nvidia 1080. I have a dual monitor setup with a nice 4k samsung monitor using displayport as my primary and the secondary is an older 1080p acer. Every time I fire up DB, regardless of the settings I use, it totally kills my primary to the point that I have to actually restart the whole PC to get it to come back up. I figured maybe it just preferred the other monitor so I unhooked it, but that just left me with no video at all.

As far as settings I have tried windowed or fullscreen. original resolution, native, 1080, 720, doesn't seem to matter. Surface, ddraw, GL, none of those seem to help. I've probably adjusted a bunch of other things to try and get this to work right that I just can't remember right now.

I would really appreciate suggestions since as it stands it makes it really difficult to enjoy some good ol DOS fun, that second monitor is in a real crappy position to play games on.

Reply 2 of 2, by Kisai

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have Windows 10 and a GTX 1080 and a 4K monitor plugged into Displayport. Displayport does not support the old VGA resolutions.

The easiest solution on a stock dosbox:
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=0x0
windowresolution=original
output=surface

Then go to the GPU control panel and make sure the GPU overrides the scaling.
ymyH5M4h.png

Alternatively, just run it windowed.