VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by johnthegamer002

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed Dosbox on my chromebook and then I put a Dragonsphere demo in directory D. i managed to do this successfully, for the most part because i can type cd c:\d and it will do it. when i try to install dragonsphere it asks for a cd and i know you have to type -t cdrom or something like that, but my real issue is I erased the Dragonsphere files. I put new files in for Heroes of Might and Magic and Warcraft 1 and it doesn't read any of them. It's like my Dragonsphere demo files are zombie skeletons coming back from the grave no matter what I do. (they don't actually appear on my file finder for the chromebook, so I'm not sure how to actually delete them. if this is more a chromebook type question I apologize. I just thought maybe I would post here and there as well.) thank you ever so much for your time and valuable however brief attention. thank you.

Reply 1 of 3, by johnthegamer002

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

got it to open waredit by making a new file (apparently it still thinks my one "d" file still has the same info in it before deletion) anyway mild to moderate progress is a good thing. did not get it to run setup.exe or war.exe (i have gotten it to run war.exe on my phone and it did not even require setup, just i didn't have a keyboard to fully do the gameplay) so haven't gotten it to run anything but a brief malfunctioning demo and a map editor. i'm thinking i need to mount the cd drive or something?

Reply 2 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not alot of Chromebook people here and the DOSBox used from Chromebook isn't an official ver.

For DOSBox on PC (by PC I mean supported OS by DOSBox) we always recommend reinstalling the game if you move it to another computer.
Non-official versions of DOSBox may not be as compatible as official DOSBox and/or support all the features of the official DOSBox.

If you're confused by something it would be easier to replicate what you are trying to do on a PC rather than dealing with Chromebook making things confusing. Then once you have that figured out then try to get the games working on the Chromebook.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Also the 60 second guide might be of some help. 60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers