VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Netskimmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I play most Sierra games and some Legend games a small portion of the right side of the screen wraps around to the left side. This happens with both ver 0.60 and 0.61 of DOSBox. Other games and apps run properly.

Reply 2 of 13, by teamster1975

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sounds as though the refresh rate for the monitor is changing if the screen is wrapping round. Do other games appear correctly? As Mirek says, which games, and what resolution are they running in?

Reply 3 of 13, by Netskimmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

all king's quest series, all quest for glory series, all space quest series, gateway I, gateway II, all leisure suit larry series, spellcasting series...most other games run normally.
As for resolution, my win screen resolution is 1152x864, none of these games allow you to set resolution in-game.

Reply 8 of 13, by Guest

User metadata

No suggestions eh?

The wrap around occurs even if I run the game in a widow instead of full screen mode. I’ve tried messing with the screen options in the config file with no luck. Since I didn’t find any other posts about this problem in the forums I’m assuming that it’s got something to do with my system. Aside from the autoexec section and the screen options my DOSBox config file is default. Only screen option I changed was setting full screen to true. In autoexec, all I have done is mount some drives and load a generic mouse driver.

Reply 11 of 13, by Netskimmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

System Info:

Motherboard: ASUS P4P 800

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (not overclocked)

RAM: 512 DDR

VID Card: ATI Radeon 9600XT 128 MB AGP

Sound Card: Creative Audigy 2

As for the DOSBox config, like I said in previous post, I only changed 4 things in the config file. I set fullscreen to true, which shouldn’t affect anything because this problem also occurs in window mode. I changed the CPU cycle speed, which I’ve since changed back with no effect. I mounted the drives necessary to install and run games, those can’t be removed or the games won’t run at all. The last thing I did was load a generic mouse driver because some games needed one for the mouse to function. I removed the mouse driver and problem still occurs.

Reply 13 of 13, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As I understand it, DOSBox uses OpenGL to display the screen. It seems likely you have an OpenGL problem, although I have no explenation why it should happen only with Sierra Games. Is it possible you submit a screendump of a DOSBox window running a Sierra game having this problem?

JAL