VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lank5200

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My DOSBox ver is 0.74.
And I got another one DOSBox with the menu bar(red circle) as the attachment.
How to show on the menu bar in 0.74 dosbox?

2.png
Filename
2.png
File size
19.09 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It’s not in the main version. Only certain forks have this menu bar.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The day Dosbox gets a menu bar is the day Dosbox stops being simple to build and gets bound with a huge and bloated "fast & light" multiplatform gui toolkit (which i hope is never)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

A fork! SVN is just a versioning system 😀 (while SVN version often is used as differing between official release and newer code)

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 8, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ahem explain this
https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/SVN_Builds

SVN builds are versions of DOSBox that people have built from the latest version of the DOSBox source code, which is stored on sourceforge.net in something called an SVN repository. SVN builds contain changes that have been made by the DOSBox developers since the latest official release. Some enhanced SVN builds also contain unofficial features and fixes that have been created by enthusiasts in the DOSBox development community.

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 6 of 8, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also, when I said: "SVN, not main." I was implying it was a fork. I just hoped I didn't have to come right out and state it. 😀

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 7 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
dosquest wrote:

Ahem explain this
https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/SVN_Builds

SVN builds are versions of DOSBox that people have built from the latest version of the DOSBox source code, which is stored on sourceforge.net in something called an SVN repository. SVN builds contain changes that have been made by the DOSBox developers since the latest official release. Some enhanced SVN builds also contain unofficial features and fixes that have been created by enthusiasts in the DOSBox development community.

This is about SVN builds of Dosbox. BUILDS is the important part. SVN itself is the wrong term. What you meant is, as written in the wiki, an enhanced SVN built, a built from SVN with third party enhancements.

Reply 8 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
dosquest wrote:

Also, when I said: "SVN, not main." I was implying it was a fork. I just hoped I didn't have to come right out and state it. 😀

Sure but when you use the wrong term I have to say something 😉
Because the SVN of Dosbox is the main, master or upstream. Everything else is a fork (or enhanced built as, IMO, a fork implies that its code is also versioned with some system).