VOGONS

Common searches

Set volume

Topic actions

First post, by smegley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can there be some way to set the audio volume in DOSbox? I am playing this loud game. And you know, there can be interruptions. Someone calls you. Or the phone rings. You can't really hear. It takes forever to get back to the Windows desktop. And be able to adjust the volume from there. System is just completely devoted, and sluggish. I just need to flick the volume on and off, quick.

Reply 3 of 6, by smegley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, most machines are fine for that. But the desktop and speakers I'm using, I never bought them. I do have my own machine. But I can't plug the gamepad into it.

Do you not think there might be a utility that could assist?

Reply 4 of 6, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Hmm there might be some tools for windows that allow you to control the volume settings, i remember winkey having a load of things you could do although volume dunno.

Reply 5 of 6, by Guest

User metadata

Harekiet
"How about investing in of those speakers with a magic volume knob"
I can´t really say I agree cuz i currently looking for the old program "CTmix" (came with SB16 installtion) ... so I could be able to adjust the volume between the midi and the sfx... sfx often tends to be WAY more amped than the midi 🙁....
off topic :
Perhaps there could be a built-in meny (like pressing the monitor config button, but instead pushing perhaps the windows button since it not commonly usedin 16.bit OS) where one could set the mixer seting of the sb and gus and whatever...