VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Grr

User metadata

Hi,

I'm running Dosbox in XP on a Pentium 4, and I can't get any of the F keys to work either in games, or as dosbox commands (i.e. I can't alter the cpu cycles etc.).

I have a funky microsoft keyboard that has a variety of functions for the f keys, but I tried changing my keyboard to a crappy optima (with no funky functions) but they still don't work - has anyone got any idea why?

Thanks.

Reply 3 of 4, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sigh, yeah I hate Logitech for not enabling the F Key to on by Default. Oh well. It's just one annoyance that can't be rectified unless somebody can code a system to force the F-Lock Key to stay on. Logitech says that can't do it, or they won't do it... I dunno I just know it's annoying.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 4, by Guest

User metadata

Actually I have a piece of code that changes the function of the F lock key so that when it's off the normal F keys work, and when it's on the other funky keys work. I'm sure that you can get it off the net somewhere.

Regardless of whether the F lock is on or off, though, the F keys don't work in dosbox. It might be due to the code mentioned above (?) or it might be something to do with the driver? If you guys with this type of keyboard are having no problems, I guess it's the code.