VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

With my mouse i'm getting some random teleportations into Hexen and Heretic games (i think that with Doom is the same) when i move Y and X axis...

this with a Logitech G402 and a Steelseries (i don't remember model...) but NOT with a simple Atlantis (i don't remember model...)

i'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 1709

edit: all dos games are affected...

Last edited by FulValBot on 2017-12-09, 18:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Daum is quite unstable and by using it, you are on your own.
Try using a non modified build from: http://www.emucr.com/search/label/DOSBox

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 5, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ECE version is already installed but i need to emulate CRT features (excluded the curvature) and i don't want vertical borders...

and i'm getting ECHO problems with musics (fluidsynth mode)

Reply 3 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well I am not recommending the ECE version in my post. You won't have fluidsynth problems in the linked build as it isn't part of DOSBox.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 5, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok fixed... with my G402 if i try to use "automatic game detection" option it works bad and jump also with 125MHZ of polling rate; if i try to use "on-board memory" option it works fine when i use 125MHZ of polling rate

i don't know if can works with steelseries model (i don't have tested steelseries software for now) but i think yes

Reply 5 of 5, by TheGreatCodeholio

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DOSBox-X developer here:

SDL 1.x by default detects mouse motion in capture mode by centering the cursor in the window, then the next time it processes events, measures "movement" by how far the cursor has moved from the center using GetCursorPos().

SDL 1.x expects older Windows behavior where SetCursorPos() has an immediate effect.

Under Windows 10 (and possibly Windows 8?), SetCursorPos() does NOT have an immediate effect. GetCursorPos() will not return the new position until about 1/60th of a second later.

When SDL 1.x is given a chance to process window events too often (in less than 1/60th of a second), it can "see" a lot of sudden mouse movement because of this issue.

The SDL 1.x library in DOSBox-X was modified to enforce a 1/60th of a second interval to prevent this issue.

The stock SDL 1.x library can be modified in the same way to resolve the issue.

DOSBox-X project: more emulation better accuracy.
DOSLIB and DOSLIB2: Learn how to tinker and hack hardware and software from DOS.