VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by stewart

User metadata

hey unreal project works a treat!

are there any plans to introduce netwokring so you could do things like browse the internet under windows 3.x?

Reply 1 of 5, by Iron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There's work going on with the networking for sure. But at the moment people are waiting for IPX to work so they could play their dos games in multiplayer. There will surely be stuff I like this in the future, though who the *@#¤ would wanna browse the web in win3? 😀

Reply 2 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Iron wrote:

though who the *@#¤ would wanna browse the web in win3? 😀

Perhaps a good hacker protection... I doubt any normal hacker would be prepared on somebody browsing in Windows 3.1 in DOSBOX. 😀 😀 😀 No need to worry about security bugs in this configuration. 😀 😀 😀

Mirek

Reply 3 of 5, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Iron wrote:

There's work going on with the networking for sure. But at the moment people are waiting for IPX to work so they could play their dos games in multiplayer. There will surely be stuff I like this in the future, though who the *@#¤ would wanna browse the web in win3? 😀

Huh? IPX does work. Read the multiplayer guide in the guide section of this forum.

Reply 5 of 5, by Predator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mirekluza wrote:
Iron wrote:

though who the *@#¤ would wanna browse the web in win3? 😀

Perhaps a good hacker protection... I doubt any normal hacker would be prepared on somebody browsing in Windows 3.1 in DOSBOX. 😀 😀 😀 No need to worry about security bugs in this configuration. 😀 😀 😀

Mirek

that would be uber kewl!!

Don't be so hard
grises1.jpg