VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox SVN Daum has stopped working properly for no apparent reason

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Woolie Wool

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

DOSBox SVN Daum, even though it's no longer being updated, is still my favorite version of DOSBox with a feature set unrivaled by any other variant--a windowed mode GUI so I can mount drives and configure things with the mouse, integrated MUNT, raised maximum memory, partial CONFIG.SYS support and emulation of esoteric hardware, and even a 3Dfx mode that's good for novelty even if it's unplayably slow on my Ryzen 5. However, in the past few days (possibly after the latest round of Windows updates?), it has abruptly started malfunctioning. In DOS games the mouse jumps at random in the direction of travel, making games like Doom and Quake unplayable. Descent has a mouse cap so it's still playable, however Descent II has a lot of slowdown even at 320x200 resolution and cycles 200000 (which used to be a bit too many cycles unless I was playing at 640x480), and it's started crashing consistently in a level set I've previously played all the way through in SVN Daum. Does anyone else use this build and if so, have you had similar experiences? I've tested DOSBox 0.74 very briefly and the mouse seems to work properly, but I really don't want to go back. I even tried using another copy of DOSBox SVN Daum that I had not touched in around six months to confirm it wasn't just a bad .conf.

wp0kyr-2.png CALIFORNIA_RAYZEN
1wpfky-2.png REDBOX
3q6x0e-2.png FUNKENSTEIN_3D

Reply 1 of 2, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

1. Please take breaks in your posts, a wall of text is not easy to read.
2. Daum has been broken for years now.
3. There is no support for Daum here, please contact Ykhwong
4. Thread closed because of 3.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For mouse issues try the SDL.dll from DOSBox 0.74. I think there was an issue with the latest feature update in Windows 10 that caused issues for SDL. I believe this was fixed in SDL 2.0 but not 1.2. DOSBox uses SDL 1.2.13. I'm assuming Daum uses SDL 1.2.14+ which changed the mouse code in SDL. For my DOSBox compilation guide I'll likely just revert the SDL 1.2.15 mouse code back to 1.2.13.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline