VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by rickford66

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have an app that I'm attempting to run on DosBox. It accesses com1, which appears to be hard coded in the app. I verified it was com1 using an old machine. Anyway, I can get com1 to open with DosBox, but this particular app gives an error when it tries to access com1. I've tried Procomm and it works fine. I suspect that DosBox is opening the serial port when it launches, and this app is getting a port already open error that causes it to stop. A guess, I can't be sure because the app doesn't report the source of the error. Anyway, is there anyway I can test this? Is there a way I can close the port before launching the app?
Thanks.

Reply 2 of 2, by rickford66

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What do you mean? I already have it set to serial1=directserial realport:com1. As I said, it works with Procomm, an old Dos terminal program.

One other thing that makes me think DosBox opens the port when it starts up... I get some activity at the serial port when I launch DosBox, and more activity when I close it. I really don't think this should happen. The serial port should have no activity unless something is being sent, regardless of if the port is "open" or not.