VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by timj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

greetings! first of all thank you very much for this amazing tool 👍

i did a search and couldn't find any info on this, maybe it's not supported but i was wondering if there's any way that could launch a game with a specific keymapper file.
i have these shortcuts and wanted to do something like this, e.g.:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe -mapper-0.74.map" "D:\Games\DOS\flashback\fb.exe" [for flashback game]

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe -mapper-0.75.map" "D:\Games\DOS\fotf\go.bat" [for fury of the furies]

etc...

in order to avoid the necessity to always enter the keymapper every time i want different key configurations according to each game i play...

i hope my question makes sense...

thanks in advance 👍

Reply 1 of 2, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You can prepare special conf files for each game with the right mapper file referenced in it.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 2, by timj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

You can prepare special conf files for each game with the right mapper file referenced in it.

hey thanks for your fast reply!
i went to appdata\local\dosbox and copied dosbox-0.74.conf and mapper-0.74.map to the directory where i have my game, D:\Games\DOS\flashback\.
then i renamed them both to dosbox-flashback.conf and mapper-flashback.map and finally i edited my shortcut and used this command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe -conf D:\Games\DOS\flashback\dosbox-flashback.conf" "D:\Games\DOS\flashback\fb.exe"

but unfortunately windows gives me this message:

dosbox.png
Filename
dosbox.png
File size
9.76 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

edit: i did it :jots is down: hehe, turns out i had to edit the dosbox-0.74.conf file and in the end of if write my mount commands, thanks a lot!!!

feel free to delete the thread if you want 👍