VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by riverrat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have two computers hooked up to 1 mouse, 1 keyboard, and 1 moniter. 1 running Windows 7 pro with 64 bit 8 gb. Ram , Intel i5 ,the other running xp. I can type into dosbox on the xp computer, not on the windows 7. I read all the help I could find and tried them all. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Reply 1 of 7, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Search on line for instructions for displaying hidden devices in the Windows Device Manager. In the Device Manager, with hidden devices displayed, delete any "ghost" keyboard drivers that may be present.

Reply 3 of 7, by riverrat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i also just tried to use --d-fend reloaded
it loaded but when i tried to load a game i still could not type anything into it . i also loaded dos box unto my wifes laptop and the same thing, still could not type into it

Reply 5 of 7, by riverrat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

update: still having this problem. bought a game from gog.com it uses dosbox. game will load and open, but when it starts with the intro I can do nothing. my keyboard nor mouse will work. the only key that works is the windows key, when i press it it will take me out of full screen, then my mouse will work but only until i click in the game window then nothing again. please help

Reply 6 of 7, by riverrat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

with the help of a tech from goggames I got this solved. The problem is a service called ENTRY PROJECT by SENTRY BAY witch is encluded with AOL SHIELD. It is an anti keylogging program. I went to msconfig, and turned it off, now my games run great. I have sent an e-mail to aol to see if there is an easy way to turn it on & off

Reply 7 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks for the info but only one thread is necessary.

I think the most important takeaway is that Aol is still alive.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline