VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by blueside19

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have Dosbox version 0.61, How do I mount a floppy? I have tried to install "Real" dos under Dosbox, and when It request a floppy, I say A:\ but it ask for the size, it has the option for 720k, or 1.44mb. I have tried both but it come with an error. I have tried these floppy mounts to capture the floppy drive:

mount a a:\
mount a c:\floppy
mount c:\floppy a:\

How do I get the floppy mounts to work? BTW, I'm trying to install Dos 6.0 Any responce will be great! Blueside19

Reply 3 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@blueside19: It is possible to install another DOS version only when using disc images (support for them will be in the next version). There will be also documentation about it. Till then just forget it.

@QBIX: After we discussed the missing documentation for images/booting last time, I mailed CANADACOW and he promised to make it.

Mirek

Reply 5 of 6, by blueside19

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

oh, thanks. I forgot to but down that I already have my config file setup for the floppy like this: mount a a:\ -floppy
For some strange reason, when I try to install dos 6.0 It has an error reading the floppy. I also tried to install freedos, but it does not work either. Are you saying I have to wait for a new stable version to come out? just wanted to know. Thanks Qbix for the responce, as well as any new responces.

Reply 6 of 6, by blueside19

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry I meant this: mount a a:\ -t floppy.

Here, take a look at some of my mounts, see if they "check out":

mount a a:\ -t floppy
mount c c:\
mount d d:\ -t cdrom -usecd
mount e e:\ -t cdrom -usecd
mount f f:\ -t cdrom -usecd
c:
cd wintest
cd windows

Please forgive me if there wrong, I'm a "newbie" at this dosbox thing.