VOGONS

Common searches

MSCDEX not found??

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by guest

User metadata

WHat's that? I can run Diggers without Dosbox but when I try to run it in dosbox it says MSCDEX not found, what's the big deal? I also checked the games secttion of dosbox website and diggers isn't there...

Reply 3 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

As I wrote above: you MUST mount something as CD ROM to have MSCDEX available.. E.g. I used this:
mount c d:\dosbox
mount d d:\dosbox -t cdrom
D:\dosbox is my directory with DOS games. You could probably mount directly "diggers" directory, but I do not like games in C:\.
I tested it, it works (using CVS build, but I guess that 0.61 will be ok as well).

Mirek

Reply 5 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Did you read this sentence in my previous message???
D:\dosbox is my directory with DOS games
In your case it is probably c:\games. I did not mount directly "diggers", because I do not want to have a game in the root of the mounted C: and some games also may have problems with being in a root directory.

Do the following (if you want to mount diggers directly):
mount c c:\games\diggers
mount d c:\games\diggers -t cdrom
You problem was in mounting probably non-existing directory:
D:\games\diggers

I think it was explained sufficently and it works (I tested it), therefore I close the thread. If you have still problems, then I can only tell you to try to reread and think about what I wrote in my three mails in this thread!
If you have other DOSBOX game problems, register and post to DOSBOX Games/Applications forum.

Another advice: Read README and DOSBOX Guides forum.

Mirek