VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Korpo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I have two very similar Debian Sarge machines, both up-to-date.

One is a PIII running a 2.6.7 kernel (@ home) and one is a P4 running a 2.4.26 kernel (@ work).

I'm running the 0.61-2 Debian package from the download section on both.

On the machine with the 2.6.7 the mouse fails to work in DOS games, with the mouse cursor sticking to the lower right corner of the window/screen.

This doesn't happen with 2.4.26.

Is this a bug within dosbox or SDL (subtle API change) or the kernel (broken compatibility)? Is there a way to fix this? (I see no mouse-related options in my saved conf file)

I've seen previous threads about this phenomenon (mouse sticking to lower right corner), even in relation to 2.6.x, but no solution.

Oh, and BTW, both computers are using PS/2 mice. Behaviour happened with "Super Hero League of Hoboken" and "Challenge of the Five Realms" (check them both out at http://www.the-underdogs.org).

Thanks,
Korpo

Reply 1 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

weird bug indeed.
Dosbox relies on sdl for mouse data.

did you try pressing ctrl-f10 ?

does your mouse work under X ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 2, by Korpo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:
weird bug indeed. Dosbox relies on sdl for mouse data. […]
Show full quote

weird bug indeed.
Dosbox relies on sdl for mouse data.

did you try pressing ctrl-f10 ?

does your mouse work under X ?

Mouse does of course work in X (what do you think of me? 😉 Able to install and configure Debian, unable to configure mouse? 😉)

Grabbing and releasing the mouse does not solve the problem the problem in the least. 🙁

Maybe I go check out some native SDL game with mouse support (like Falcon's Eye) to check whether mouse works there. (It's not SDL then either)