VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by brakenwagen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so in Wolfenstein when you hit the wall or press it the sound is all garbled. Its not related to the number of cycles since I tried reducing the game to like 2 fps and still the sound was all messed up, just a lot slower. I tried i tried changing the sound blaster card, the block size and the prebuffer nothing. I this something wrong with the emulator or is just a problem with the game itself. TES Arean is like that there is this clicking sound that is actually part of the audio itself (they simply shipped it like that). Can anybody here who played Wolfenstein on a real DOS back in the day confirm or deny this.

Reply 2 of 3, by brakenwagen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"an angry bee" hhmmm ya i guess you could describe what I'm hearing as a buzzing sound so it is the game, main sometimes its hard to tell whats the game and whats the emulator. take super mario land it occasionally shows some glitched graphics on its hud at the top of the screen. must have spent days trying to figure it out only to find that nothing was wrong with the emulator that's just how the game is. i found out by looking up youtube videos of people playing real gameboy hardware (wow the ghosting that thing had).

I can only image what it must be like for developers of emulators. If the original game had lag your left with this question what lag is because of the emulator what what lag is just the game, must be maddening.

Reply 3 of 3, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

It's meant to sound like an angry bee when you space out.

Might be tired, but that's the best description and I find it extremely funny. Thanks I needed that.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database