VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Undersiege

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello i use dosbox svn daum(direct3d output) because it's the only version that allow to stretch the old games at my desktop full resolution(1920x1080,16.9)
The problem: When i go fullscreen in the game,the pointer mouse movement go crazy and appear and disappear to left and right direction, and the games are umplayables....
Select ddraw resolve the problem but i miss the full screen in 16.9...and black bars vertically appears.....
I have win 10 64 and a corsair m65 pro rgb....
Can someone help me???? Escuse for my poor english

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DOSBox SVN Daum isn't supported here.

With that said it's possible DOSBox SVN Daum is using a newer version of SDL that is incompatible with Windows 10 Fall Update. Try copying the SDL.DLL from DOSBox 0.74 which uses SDL 1.2.12 into the DOSBox SVN Daum directory.

SDL mouse code was changed in SDL 1.2.14 which is incompatible with Windows 10 Fall Update but supposedly this will be fixed in a Windows update eventually.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 4, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So thats the reason my mouse goes screwy in SVN Daum!? I did notice my mouse works fine in standard DOSbox .74 but like the OP posted mine does the same thing in SVN Daum. I hadn't been using it that much lately because now that I have an actual MT-32 module and my MT-200, I didn't need the built in mt-32 emulation.

Also my mouse is crazy in SVM Daum regardless of which video mode I choose. I tend to stick with Overlay I believe with no filtering. That way I get the right 4:3 aspect at full screen on my display with wonderful blocky pixels and all.

I will give this a try myself later and see if it solves the issue on my setup.

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 3 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Daum is broken and has been for some time. Its developer no longer supports it. It is time to move on.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 4, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would agree, but the issue is that Daum seems to handle video mode switching FAR better than the standard release of DOSbox .74 does. Not sure why as I have the same config files for each minus the extra stuff that Daum adds in. But the screen scaling doesn't match between them with Daum's looking far better on 4:3 through a 16:9 vs the .74 itself does and when I exit a program on standard .74 there is always a second or two of massive glitched graphics before I get my command prompt again. Daum doesn't do this so it would seem that Daum and whatever else it has for video is far more compatible with my GTX 1070 than standard DOSbox .74 is.

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20