VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mr. Eeee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I was wondering if save states work on DOSBox SVN v0.74 on mAc OSX?

I was searching the forums here the other day and it seems like I found a positive result. I found the following . . .

SAVE STATES (on DOSBOX SVN r4019) . . . Left ALT + F5 -> Save to current slot Left ALT + F9 -> Load state from current slot Left […]
Show full quote

SAVE STATES (on DOSBOX SVN r4019) . . .
Left ALT + F5 -> Save to current slot
Left ALT + F9 -> Load state from current slot
Left ALT + F6 -> Switch to previous slot
Left ALT + F7 -> Switch to next slot
Total saveslots : 10 (Slots in circular arrangement)

I don't know about the "r4019" stuff. My app says only v0.74
So, I tried it and it didn't seem to work. Though I'm not sure I did it right. I just pressed L-ALT.+F5 when I was on a menu screen of my game (several times actually). I thought there would be a notice pop-up on screen, but there was nothing. And when I quit DOBox and started it up again and tried L-ALT+F9, it didn't do anything. --I did only start DOSBox though, I figured a save state would do everything and just start up right where I left off . . . but maybe I have to mount the C: drive and start the game?

Anyways, I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me if save states work at all on the version of DOSBox I have and if so, how to do it.
Thanks very much!

Reply 1 of 2, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

No, it doesn't work. The r4xxx means it is a build from current development source code. But you also need to apply a patch to make it work. Never tried to build it for OS X

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper