VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

I am trying to use full screen mode, but when I open the full screen everything is offset about an inch to the left. Even in the DOSBox command screen, the drive letter is pushed off the screen to the left. I've read several of the posts and tried setting fullwidth=800 and fullheight=600 (the same dimensions that the windows display is using) in the dosbox.cfg file. Scaler is set to scaler=normal2x. Is there a way for me to push the fullscreen about an inch to the right?

Reply 4 of 14, by Elsa Von Spielburg

User metadata

Hello, I'm Elsa from the QFMG site were we introduced DosBox to the Quest for Glory community - well DosBox gives me the exact same problem!

It worked perfectly fine until my recent reformat. I use the same drivers and graphics card as before, everything is the same but yet it doesn't work now!

I run DosBox and the screen contents (in DosBox) move a few inches to the right and a few to the bottom - and that happens both in window and full screen mode!

Now I did try uninstalling my video card drivers and see what happens - and DosBox worked just fine then!! But after I reinstalled my drivers it got messed up again! And I've tried using a couple of other drivers too and it still does the same thing 🙁

Help please....

Reply 7 of 14, by Elsa Von Spielburg

User metadata

That's me above hehe 😁

By the way Qbix, here' s QFMG right here: http://www.questformoreglory.com

I made a DosBox page at the Help section - DosBox really saved us from a lot of trouble with the Quest for Glory series!! Especially that foul Error52 in Qfg4 that nobody managed really fix!

We also provide help regarding to DosBox at our forums - thank you very much for creating this program! You re a real life saver! 😁

Elsa

Reply 8 of 14, by Guest

User metadata

Nope we re still in trouble.....

Now the games show too small 🤣.

I tried changing Refresh rate but that didn't work either...

I tried running under 640x480 but that didn't do the trick again.....

Is there a system file that defines these things in DosBox? Maybe there's something wrong in there or something.