VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by AAGPCN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to run PC Navigator (copied from my old PC) in Windows 10. When I enter z:\>MOUNT C C:\DOSBoxPr it says "Directory C:\DOSBoxPr doesn't exist". However, it is there under "Documents". How do I do this "MOUNT" in Windows 10??

Reply 1 of 5, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

MOUNT C C:\USERS\(YOUR USER NAME)\DOCUMENTS\DOSBoxPr

Assuming your install is standard just substitute your user name there with no parenthesis. Documents is not the root C.

POST NOT FOUND

Reply 3 of 5, by AAGPCN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks to Shagittarius…!!….It worked after some fiddling!! The "Directories" had to be shortened to 8 characters and I used the DOS commands "DIR" and "CD" to find my way through. I finally had to do it in steps, although there may be a faster way. I did....

Z:> MOUNT C C:\USERS\
Z:\>C:
C:\>ANTHON~1\DOCUME~1\DOSBOXPR>PCN

The "DOCUME~1" is the DOS version of "DOCUMENTS".

This ran the program "PCN" "PC Navigator. I use this for my almanac with my Sextant for marine navigation and star finding!

Reply 4 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Also be careful with paths that include a space, as in C:\Users\Joe Everyone\Documents\DOSBox.
In that case, just type the path in quotes.

Mount C "C:\Users\Joe Everyone\Documents\DOSBox"

Alternatively, you can also use a relative path.

If you have a folder named DOS in the DOSBox directory, just type:

Mount C DOS

Or, if you like to mount a folder named GAME -that's inside DOXBox\DOS- as drive letter E :

C:\> Mount E DOS\GAMES

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//