VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zelmo

User metadata

Using DoxBox 0.61 in SuSE linux 9.1 with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and ATI's 3.9.0 fglrx drivers.
Any DOS programs I run in DoxBox seem use a resolution of 640x400, regardless of what settings I put in the .conf file. If I run it at fullscreen, the program runs in a 640x400 space in the middle of the screen with black space filling the rest. Changing the hwscale has no effect, nor do fullwidth and fullheight (whether used with fillfixed=true or fullfixed=false).
I'm using "surface" for the output because anything else runs much too slow, and I haven't had any better luck changing the emulator size with other outputs.
I'd like to run the emulator in a large window (800x600 or 1024x768) or fullscreen (1600x1200). Does anyone know how to accomplish that?

Reply 1 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

hwscale only works with overlay/opengl output methods

under linux fullfixed=true must be accompied by the width and the height of your screen as dosbox has no detection routines for them under linux.

and offcource fullscreen must be set to true as well.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 7, by Zelmo

User metadata

Well, the scaling option does indeed work with opengl and overlay, but CPU usage goes off the chart even if I reduce the CPU cycles to 500.

I'm still not getting a full-screen image after turning on fullscreen and fullfixed and setting the fullwidth and fullheight to my screen's dimensions. The image stays at a small size in the middle of an otherwise blank screen.

I get the same result if I try a fullwidth and fullheight with dimesions other than my screen's native resolution (e.g., 800x600 or 1280x800).

Reply 3 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

are other programs capable of switching to fullscreen ?

try alt-enter when in dosbox.

Reply 5 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

fullfixed has the effect you describe. Dosbox will not scale it.
(as far as I know)

Reply 7 of 7, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Works for me. My fullfixed is set to false, output is on surface, and hwscale is set at 1.00.
I run Redhat 9 with a Radeon 7000 and use DRI drivers and run at about 800x600. Haven't tried any other resoultions.