VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Warmango

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So my question is how would one mount drives as sub-folders inside a drive?

To further elaborate what i am talking about, Is i have a portable DOSBox, but i want it to mount two separate devices like so
>mount C:\usb E:\dosbox_c
>mount C:\hdd C:\dosbox_c

and be able to access both by going to C:\usb if i want to store files on the USB, or C:\hdd if i want to store files on the PC hard drive.

And apologies if i am posting in the wrong spot. this is literally the only forum i found that discussed DOSbox,

And for the record, NO, i cannot run 2nd hand bat files outside of DOSBox due to schools PC's being locked down and not being able to access CMD (required for a bat file in win10) because idiots kept remotely shutting the teachers PC off.

Reply 2 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If this is a school computer then they should have an approved software list. If not then they should. If DOSBox isn't on it then DOSBox shouldn't be on the computer.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 9, by Warmango

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't use symlinks with my PC as it is Windows 10, hence why I used LETTERS for the usbdrives. Otherwise the config would look like this
>mount C:/usb /mnt/(drivename)
>mount C:/hdd ~/dosbox/C/

Reply 4 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

what you want, can't be done by dosbox.

We would have to add it, but I see no compelling reason to do so.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 9, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just don't understand the need - why do these need to be subdirectories under the DOSBOX C drive? Why not just mount different drives in DOSBox?

Mount C:\DOSBOX_C C
Mount E:\DOSBOX_C E

or something along these lines?

BTW, you can make symlinks in Windows (since Vista), but does DOSBox properly pass them?

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 8 of 9, by Warmango

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dr_st wrote:

I don't see how the above suggestion would have "issues" accessing PC and USB.

It makes it easier to have all my drives mounted in one place, so I can simply plug in my Portable DOSBox and it would mount the drive at once,

Reply 9 of 9, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

One of us is obviously missing something fundamental here. I'll have to assume it's me, because I am not even sure what you mean by "portable DOSBox", since DOSBox is inherently portable, and what do you mean by "plug it in".

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys