VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by andwan0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I like using plays.tv (games recorder) to record short clips of my games.
I notice it auto detects when I start up a game and then I see the plays.tv logo/timer at the top-left of my screen.
It can even record the SCUMMVM window.

Just wondering if it's possible to get DOSBox detected by plays.tv? I tried using DOSBox SVN-Daum (an enhanced version with lots of mods/plugins) but still no joy.

Reply 1 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

First, Daum is broken, very old and unsupported. Try a newer, supported build.

2nd, why not just use the internal video capture?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 6, by andwan0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

First, Daum is broken, very old and unsupported. Try a newer, supported build.

2nd, why not just use the internal video capture?

Daum seems to work fine from the pre-built binaries.

plays.tv auto captures, auto-tags videos and auto-uploads to plays.tv account. It's pretty much streamlined.

Whereas, I could use the internal video capture, but then need to upload to my own youtube channel, etc.

Reply 4 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you tried asking the support for plays.tv?

As to Daum, it has serious bugs. It will run, but you will eventually encounter those bugs. It is not an official build, so no support for it here.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 5 of 6, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Not sure it helps, but I actually just use the Geforce Experience software on my PC to record pretty much anything. The only disadvantage is that it can't really record just a Windowed application and records the full screen only. But since I usually play DosBox in full screen mode, that isn't really a problem for me. The software doesn't really know when I have DosBox fired up, but I can set screen recording and broadcasting at anytime with Macro keys on the keyboard that are still active when DosBox is running.

My main issue with the GFE software is that it doesn't always record the audio properly and so I have to fiddle with it each time. My system doesn't like my sound card being in the second PCIE slot on my motherboard and would prefer to only operate from the PCIex1 slot. Problem is the sound card won't fit there with my video card below it and my AIO water cooler radiator also. So yeah....

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 6 of 6, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
collector wrote:

Have you tried asking the support for plays.tv?

As to Daum, it has serious bugs. It will run, but you will eventually encounter those bugs. It is not an official build, so no support for it here.

And no support from the maintainer either. When you choose Daum, expect it to be a solo endeavor.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder