VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Don as a Guest

User metadata

Hello, I have been extremly successful in getting DOSBox with DBFrontEnd to work and I have been able to config about 20 projects.

However, I belong to a yahoo list were we all play a couple of DOS games. Some have mentioned that they can not get DOSBox and DBFrontEnd to work correctly. The following is an email snippet of the basic problems each has encountered (its basically the same problem). Does anyone know what it is and what causes it and how to fix it?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards~

Message or symptoms

I cannot get DOSBox to work. I have followed your latest instructions but have the same problems as the other guys. DOSBox/DBFrontEnd only creates a project called "S" and not one called SPMBT. It also dosn't save any of the settings.

My instructions to the group:

Not sure why you are having issues. I have created about 20 projects with no problems. You can not use spaces in the project name.

1. Open DBFrontEnd (double click on icon on desktop)
2. Click 'File', 'New Project' a dialog box opens up.
3. In the 'Project Name' I typed SPMBT.
4. In the 'Project Path' I clicked the little open folder icon.
5. I set the path by scrolling to my SPMBT folder and then I click it.
6. I click the spmbt.exe.
7. Normally I set the 'sdl' tab to 'fullscreen' but I want to test spmbt in windowed mode.
8. I click 'Save Project'.
9. I click 'Close'.
10. I see SPMBT in my list of projects.
11. I click SPMBT once (status bar says SPMBT project loaded)
12. Okay here we go, I click the big X to run it.
13. Okay that did not work out so well, it did not like windowed mode for SPMBT on my machine.
14. I now click on 'Configuration' and 'Project Configuration' and in the 'sdl' tab I am setting the check box to 'fullscreen', 'Save Project' and 'Close'.
15. Okay here we go again.
16. Redoing step 11 and 12.
17. HOLY COW, it worked! Wow, it was a bit jerky, I had to ctrl+F12 about 10 or 16 times to speed it up but it freaking Worked! The sound was a bit echoy and jumpy, but crap! It Freaking Worked!

I can be reached at zovs2002@yahoo.com

Thank you for any help in advance.

Reply 1 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Try filing a bug report at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=631380&g … 233&func=browse

Or look at
http://www.ingoknito.de/produkte/dbfrontend/
the homepage of the dbfrontend