VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dannylan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

(please ignore an identical previous posting where I posted as a "Guest", please reply to this one... Thanks!)

Hi!

I have downloaded "DOSBox 0.61" because I need to run a very simple .exe program on my Mac running OS 10.3.4. The problem is that I have never used DOS in my entire life so when the DOSBox terminal window opens up with "Z:\" I don't know how to tell it to run the .exe file sitting in my desktop...

Actually, there are two files, one is an .exe and the other has ".lwp" (??) as the suffix...

Thanks for your detailed help.

Best!

Reply 1 of 6, by Zorbid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just drag and drop the exe on the DOSBox icon (not on the DOSBox window, it won't work).

Or use the mount command (check the readme, mount needs the full unix path to the directory as parameter)

Reply 2 of 6, by dannylan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dragging the exe to the DOSBox icon doesn't work... The mounting thing must work but I don't understand how to do that eventhough I have read the "Read me" file... Could you explain in a simple way please?

Reply 3 of 6, by dannylan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, I have been able to finally mount it! 😀 by typing:

mount c /Applications/DOSBox

And then I simply type:

c:

And then when I'm in the C:\ I simply type the file.exe name!

My question now is: Since that's pretty much the only file I will be using, how can I program DOSBox to open such file automatically everytime it's launched?

Thanks!

Reply 5 of 6, by dannylan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Come'on Mirek, give me a break 😀 I have read the file and I can't seem to understand it, that's why I'm posting here: For some assistance.

The only thing I found on the "Read Me" is:

============
You can also add commands to be executed before the main program starts. Or you can use them to start the program.
To add commands use the -c command line switch.

For example:

dosbox c:\atlantis\atlantis.exe -c "MOUNT D C:\SAVES"
This would mount c:\atlanis as c:\ and run atlantis.exe.
Before it does that it would first mount C:\SAVES as the D drive.
============

But I don't understand what "D" drive means or what "-c" means (should I include the dash?)... Yes, I know, I'm a dope on DOS... Help!