VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by littlelemonripper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Community,

i´m so sorry I have to ask that. I know there are couple of posts similar to that one but I still need help. I`m so proud I came so far- as i have no clue about this things, so i learned so much alreay.. so I really want to succeed now.

Game: Hariboys quest
Windows: 10
DosBOX: 0.74

I managed to install the game with one of those "fake cd drive" things DAEMON Tools Lite Agent (so proud).
then I: e e:\haribo
e:
E: cd SETUP
E:\SETUP haribo.exe

and i get this message: dos4gw.exe no such file or dictionary

the file is there (though not in the SETUP folder and I dont manage to copy past it in there as it tells me the folder/cd thing does not have enough space.

Can someone help? it would be awesome

Thank you soooo much

Reply 1 of 6, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hello and welcome to the forums. 😀

Some information is missing regarding to what you did exactly (but it's not super important). Are you using a real CD or a CD image? Either one can be mounted internally by DOSBox (you don't need DAEMON tools or similar programs), but the commands for physical CD versus CD image are a bit different.

I believe that you need to first install the game from the CD (even if it's a "fake" CD), then you can run it. Under SETUP there should be a SETUP.EXE or INSTALL.EXE. That should install the game to a directory on your "hard drive" (the emulated hard drive in DOSBox), and from there you should be able to run it.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 2 of 6, by littlelemonripper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HI 😀

thanks so much for the nice answer. I managed to install the game with a CD image. but when i try to run the .exe file it tells me that "dos4gw.exe no such file or dictionary "

Reply 3 of 6, by littlelemonripper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so i tried a bit more and tried to run it from my hard drive "c" but then it tells my that there is no CD (tried to mount c and then e with e:\ -t cdrom as the CDand then C:haribo.exe

Reply 4 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Note that questions involving the use of DOSBox should be in the DOSBox forums. DOSBox A mod might be kind enough to move this for you.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 6 of 6, by zirkoni

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Batch files, use them. At least my version uses them:
- You're supposed to install the game with install.bat.
- You're supposed to start the game with english.bat (assuming you want the English version).

Also, make sure your mount commands are the same when you install the game and when you start the game.

https://youtube.com/@zirkoni42