VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by analytix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am not a gamer. I have many (hundreds) of my own programs, written in True Basic for DOS environment. Currently running on Windows XP, but now I have to switch to Windows 10. Have done some DOSBOX trials, which "work" but with stammered hesitations. Sometimes 3-or-4 seconds, or hesitation, up to 30 seconds (at a guess). In hesitation, there is no CPU processing while the system just waits...then suddenly zips through a bunch or work till next stammer pause. Any solution to this stop-and-go?

P.S. I've also tried vDos, which doesn't have the stammering problem, but crashes when encountering program statements to re-dimension a vector or matrix ["MAT REDIM (x)" in True Basic]. If you know the answer to the vDos REDIM problem in vDos, DOSBOX would be not relevant and I'd be home free.

Thanks for any help

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

would need a copy of one of your programs and a description on how to reproduce it.
As I have no clue what is going wrong at this point

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 4, by analytix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for reply. Sorry to be so slow on this.
I don't find a link to attach a program file.

Will you be trying to run the program? If so, I'll have to send a compiled and "bound" version that includes the TB op system, and a data source file for the program to work on. It gets pretty messy with the system bound into the program.

Reply 3 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

If you click full editor, then there is an upload attachment at the bottom.

Yes I would need a copy to try it, as I don't have an idea at the moment what is wrong.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!