VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Taiyoumaru

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was wondering if there was still any interest for getting zenju's xbrz filter into dosbox? He recently released a 0.74-2 with xbrz and save states inside, so I was kinda hopeful someone must do it. I don't particularly mind the save states but the filter itself I've been wishing for years now and it seems zenju doesn't have any interest in issuing a patch. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful he did xbrz since it's awesome but I just wish it was easily implementable in ECE and future mainline DOSBox updates.

Reply 1 of 2, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As long as he doesn't release a patch for xBrz only, this won't likely happen. And before you aks: I made a diff from both his source code and the code from vanilla DOSBox 0.74.2, but he made so many cosmetic but otherwise unnecessary changes that almost all files are detected as changed, resulting in an extremely large diff including much of the original code. So it's near impossible to extract a patch from his source code as well.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 2 of 2, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Yesterplay80 wrote:

As long as he doesn't release a patch for xBrz only, this won't likely happen. And before you aks: I made a diff from both his source code and the code from vanilla DOSBox 0.74.2, but he made so many cosmetic but otherwise unnecessary changes that almost all files are detected as changed, resulting in an extremely large diff including much of the original code. So it's near impossible to extract a patch from his source code as well.

AKA a hellmerge.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder