VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by RandomManA

User metadata

I was just recently pointed to DosBox as a way of playing some of my favorite old gameshow games (since most of the new ones are crap). I'd really like to get this working on my laptop, and it is working for a number of games, but for some, it's having a problem. For example, both Card Sharks and Wipeout give me the same error, file creation error - couldn't create Wipeout/LPT1 (or Cards/LPT1). So I tried making those folders myself, and XP reverted the folders' names back to New Folder. I made sure to uncheck Read Only and apply it to all subfolders and files, I tried changing compatibility modes and palettes, and nothing. I'm pretty sure this is an XP thing, as these games run fine on my friend's computer which has Win98 installed. And I'd rather not install 98 on my laptop.

I don't know about the motherboard, but I'll give you all the specs I can. My laptop has a Pentium 4 2.6Ghz processor and 256 MB RAM. It has a 32 MB graphics card (NVidia). 30GB HD, DVD-CDR drive. Please help if you can.

Aaron

Reply 1 of 1, by Magamo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

LPT1 in DOS is a device file, which redirects to the first parallel port of the computer. Currently this is unsupported. WinXP is reverting them back to 'New Folder' to avoid conflicts and confusion.