User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think you should aim at the latest from the 1.2 branch
Edit: sorry, my mistake. The SDL-1.2.15 is for the target folder not the tag ;(

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 61 of 70, by swashdev

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I took a look at this thread because I was having this problem with my new Xubuntu system (Ubuntu version 18.04.1) and someone mentioned that the Ctrl+F10 keypress was getting intercepted by the window manager. Looking at the options for my window manager, I could see that the Ctrl+F1-F12 key combinations were all used to switch between workspaces (also known as virtual desktops) and so by disabling these keyboard shortcuts in the window manager DOSBox was able to use the Ctrl+F10 key combination to capture my mouse.

In Xubuntu this is done by simply opening the Settings Manager from the Applications menu, clicking on Window Manager, going to the Keyboard tab, and selecting the Workspace 1 - Workspace 12 shortcuts, and pressing the clear button to remove the keyboard shortcuts. How you would do this in other versions of Ubuntu is beyond me, but this workaround fixed the problem to my satisfaction.

Reply 62 of 70, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
swashdev wrote:

I took a look at this thread because I was having this problem with my new Xubuntu system (Ubuntu version 18.04.1) and someone mentioned that the Ctrl+F10 keypress was getting intercepted by the window manager. Looking at the options for my window manager, I could see that the Ctrl+F1-F12 key combinations were all used to switch between workspaces (also known as virtual desktops) and so by disabling these keyboard shortcuts in the window manager DOSBox was able to use the Ctrl+F10 key combination to capture my mouse.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Please note that this was one of the issues, but not the main problem mentioned in this thread. It pertains to Ubuntu version 18.10 with X.org version 1.20. You may be aware that Ubuntu version 18.04 comes with X.org 1.19.

We are trying to get to the bottom of the issue w.r.t either SDL-1.2.15 or X.org 1.20. Please bear with us for the delay. Hopeful of getting a temporary fix...at the least.

Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates Build (Alpha)
1st thread & the only one related to the forum(?)...warning about modern-retro combo
Dead, but, Personal Favourite
Replacement for Candy Crush...Train the Brain

Reply 64 of 70, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Good work guys. Sorry I didn't help more. Was on leave and then working on getting a new job which I got!

I need to check the Readme to see if we have the CTR+FX issue mentioned in the Readme or not, that's always been an issue.

The below was commited three weeks ago so just in case it messes things up whever the distros get it:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/m … rge_requests/77

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 65 of 70, by wanderyr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You guys are amazing. Thanks for your hard work.

I see the diff file for this patch on your main page. Were you intending to build binaries any time soon?

If not, I guess I'll learn how to build linux software!

Thanks again,
wanderyr

P.S. Congrats on the new job, DosFreak!

Reply 66 of 70, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

You have to check with your distro, we don't provide linux binaries ourselves.
I know that debian has the patch included in their testing and unstable distro.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 68 of 70, by Thorwald

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got the same problem.
Xubuntu 18.04
It happened circa after upgrade to kernel 5.0
No mouse capture.
ALT-ENTER kill the DosBox window instead of making it full screen.
CTRL-F12 not working because mouse is not capture.

I have eliminated workspaces as suggested in one of the posts above but to no success.
I can open DosBox box in top-left corrner but when I press Full Screen it doesn't work.

Reply 69 of 70, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Does that distributions repo have the version of DOSBox with the committ 4177 or later?

According to this the package was last updated Nov 2017 and the fix for this issue was commited in Dec 2018.
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dosbox

Options:
Ask the maintainer to update the package
Revert back to Xorg 1.19.
Use a newer version of Ubuntu
Compile the latest DOSBox
Possibly download the package for the latest Ubuntu and use it on your current version

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 70 of 70, by blabber

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi dosbox Team,

could you please enable SDL_XORG_FIX for BSD based systems too? I just submitted a corresponding local patch to the FreeBSD ports tree[1], but it would be nice to have this upstream.

[1]: https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=244960

Thanks and best regards,

Tobias / blabber