VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MTD

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

When i am running DOSBox 0.74 on Windows 10 the Windows screensaver / standby timeout will be blocked. Is there any possibility to disable this future?

For Linux i found the solution by setting the environment variable SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER. Is there a same solution for Windows?

Reply 2 of 5, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Who even uses screensavers these days? Also, you wouldn't want the screensaver to activate whenever you are playing, so that's only natural. So don't get your hopes high.

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)

Reply 3 of 5, by MTD

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I add the environment variable like this way, but it don't works. Maybe i did something wrong?
dosbox.jpg

I want to achieve that the system that's running DOSBox switches to standby when running on battery power (used on industrial PC with build-in UPS; when machine power is switched of the PC must go in low-power state). This works without DOSBox running, so DOSBox blocks the Windows power saving functions

Reply 4 of 5, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Unfortunately I know nothing about SDL, so I can't help you.

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)

Reply 5 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
olddos25 wrote:

Who even uses screensavers these days? Also, you wouldn't want the screensaver to activate whenever you are playing, so that's only natural. So don't get your hopes high.

If you have an OLED display you will want to. OLED has a burn in problem. It is why Roku has a screensaver.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers