VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi,

I'm using DOSBox to play a few old games (ah, what a surprise...) and I can't get midi output to work 🙁

The problem is that DOSBox seemingly tries to access port 65:0, while timidity is listening on port 128:0.

I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2.0 mainboard with an nForce2 AC97 audio controller.

root@fuchur:~ # lspci | grep -i audio
0000:00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce MultiMedia audio [Via VT82C686B] (rev a2)
0000:00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AC97 Audio Controler (MCP) (rev a1)
0000:01:08.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 02)
root@fuchur:~ #

I'm using Gentoo with a 2.6.8 kernel.

Here is the output of pmidi -l

root@fuchur:~ # pmidi -l
Port Client name Port name
128:0 TiMidity TiMidity port 0
128:1 TiMidity TiMidity port 1
128:2 TiMidity TiMidity port 2
128:3 TiMidity TiMidity port 3

So, how can I tell DOSBox to access port 128:0 instead of 65:0?

I guess this must be something very trivial, but I absolutely couldn't find any information about this with Google, although it can't be so exceptional that people want to use DOSBox together with Timidity...

Reply 2 of 2, by Guest

User metadata

Thanks! That worked.

Still, I don't have midi sound in Gobliiins. But it does work with other games, like Monkey Island 1.

So I wonder: did Gobliiins even HAD midi music? If someone knows that, please tell me. I wouldn't like to investigate this problem even though it's not even possible 😉

Thanks,

Malte