VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Pheonix

User metadata

Hi everyone
I have just tried to download the dos box 0.61 win32 installer and and when I double click on it a box comes up (dos box) says nothing then disapears again! I couldnt find anything on the site to tell me what the files are I need to download.Do I need to download all the files or just the win32? I did try to download and open the winrar file source the 5th one in the list but it said it was it was currupt when I tried to open it with winrar.I really am a bit confuzzled as to what files I should be downloading so I can play some of my old games.If someone could give me a list of what ones to download as there isnt a read me file Id be ever so greatful 😁
Thanks
Bev

Reply 2 of 3, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

DOSBOX Win32 installer does not need anything else. You should just run it as any other installer.
If it does not work:
a) try to redownload it (perhaps you have a corrupted file)
b) may be the installer wants to unpack something to a TEMP/TMP directory and it cannot on your computer - perhaps it is full or read only (just guessing here ....)
c) there is something else wrong with your computer - I have no idea what.

Mirek

Reply 3 of 3, by Pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks ever so much for replying.I have now downloaded it again and it now works 😀 I by passed my go zilla download app and it downloaded it all in its entirety this time.I feel like a right fool now!
Thanks again 😁