Reply 20 of 24, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Start with 0

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 21 of 24, by Gernot66

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

MIXER /LISTMIDI (not /LISTMIDI alone, just because i'm not sure how you ment that "nova coder")
best
MIXER /LISTMIDI >mididevice.txt

I didn't know Linux but i assume DOSBox behaves the same as for Windoze or OSX (small OS and system caused differences but not such basic things of DOSBox since no matter on which OS or machine you run a DOSBox DOS shell and the internal commands are the same).

maintainer of "Phoenix" (Pioneer Space Sim derivate)
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/phoenix … erivate.506984/

Reply 22 of 24, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The readme states it (listmidi) only works on Windows

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 24, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

you can use something like pmidi -l to get the info you need for linux. (or amidi). I am not 100% sure on the name.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 24 of 24, by NovaCoder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
CrossBow777 wrote:

I honestly don't know the answer to this either as you are correct. It would seem the /listmidi command doesn't work in the linux distros of Dosbox. I supposed if the device is working in your actual linux OS, then you could just try modifying the midiconfig= line in the dosbox.cfg file starting at 1 and going from there?

Yep thanks, I had a play around last night with different values for the midiconfig line but didn't get anywhere. Also, I'm not sure if I should specify 'default' or 'alsa' as my MIDI device.

I did read somewhere about someone getting it working on a RaspberryPi so I think it is possible.

If all else fails I'll have to build a new version of DosBox but would be good to see if it's possible to get it working with the current RaspberryPi release.

https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Configuration:MIDI