VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by TotallyAccurateName

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, I know how to mount my drivers, but whenever I mount a folder that has a special/non-standard letter in it, it says that is doesn't exist. Ex; i can do "mount c c:\box", but can't do "mount c c:\låda".
This happens even if I use "KEYB sv".
This normally isn't a problem since having special letters in names of folder normal is a bad idea, but since I'm trying to get DosBox to work on a computer that has a network folder with the Swedish letter "ö" in the names of the folder. Note, I do not have permission to change the name fo the folder since its own by the network. I tried to look after a solution or someone with a similar problem, but I found posting here was going to be my best bet. Thank you.

Sidenote; I do believe I succeeded in mounting this driver one but only ones, but I may have been a fluke.

- Windows 10
- DosBox 0.74-2

Reply 2 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Or if that fails, make a symbolic link to the folder, name that link something more sensible and try if monting that works...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 3, by TotallyAccurateName

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I fixed the problem, I found that using example ".\Games" with "." instead of writing the entire location was super effective. (https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Commands). Thanks.