VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by WebDrake

User metadata

Hello,

I'm running DosBox 0.61 on my laptop and I have problems with fullscreen mode. When I press ALT+ENTER to go into fullscreen, the system tries to go into fullscreen for a second or two (the screen goes black) and then jumps back to the previous display, except that the small dosbox window is now in the top right-hand corner of the display instead of in the centre.

Sometimes I get an error message as follows:

• You have selected a non-optimal Screen Area setting for your LCD panel. Unlike external computer monitors, LCD panels have one particular Screen Area setting that looks best. It is recommended you set your Screen Area to 1920x1200.

I've tried modifying the fullwidth and fullheight keys in the .conf file to these settings, but that doesn't seem to change anything. Any advice?

My setup is DosBox 0.61 running a Dell Inspiron 8600 with Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2, with a Pentium M 1.7 GHz processor. The graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo with 128Mb RAM; the LCD display is 1920x1200.

Many thanks,

-- Joe

Reply 2 of 12, by WebDrake

User metadata

Do you mean writing fullscreen=true ? That doesn't work, I already tried that. The same thing happens as when I press ALT+ENTER---a couple of seconds of blank screen then it flicks back to the normal display.

Or do you mean something else? Could you write the exact command I should use?

Thanks! 😁

-- Joe

Reply 3 of 12, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

look at the configfile
there is fullfixed and fullwidth and such

it should be like this :
fullfixed=true
fullwidh=1024
fullheight=768
fullscreen=true

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 12, by WebDrake

User metadata

OK, thanks!

This produces a full-size window but the actual part of that window used is still just the same small area in the middle. The game also seems to slow down massively.

The relevant part of the config file now reads,

• fullscreen=true
    fulldouble=false
    fullfixed=true
    fullwidth=1920
    fullheight=1200
    output=surface
    hwscale=1.00
    autolock=true
    sensitivity=100
    waitonerror=true

Reply 7 of 12, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How did you arrive at 4? I've got a 1400*1050 display and I got the same problem since I reinstalled Win XP (perhaps new graphics driver is the problem?).

Reply 11 of 12, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hwscale is not necessary in fullscreen mode. Hwscale only affects the window. 😜.
For me hwscale=1 is enough since I use 1280x1024.
And I use overlay as well :p.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 12 of 12, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know if anyone is using the newest Omega driver for ATI cards, but I think it's the reason for my new full screen problems. Before updating my system I could go to fullscreen with whatever hardware scaling I chose. Btw, sometimes I also get the SDL lock error when going into full screen.