VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Avenger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

Is there a way to have the AmpShell frontend automatically close after a game is selected from the list? Either through a batch file or other method without having to minimize dosbox and manually exit out of it?

'Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Reply 2 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Perhaps no one here is familiar with AmpShell. Have you tried contacting its developer?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 5, by Avenger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

Perhaps no one here is familiar with AmpShell. Have you tried contacting its developer?

Yes, that was my first course of action.

No reply for over a week when the initial post was made and unfortunately still nothing.

One doesn't need to be familiar with AmpShell to know how to use command line which is essentially what batch files are. I'm not that experienced though and haven't had success looking for an answer myself through a search engine...

Reply 5 of 5, by Avenger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

DOSBox can launch and exit just fine. A frontend is a different matter.

Clearly but when you have 30 different games plus addons/expansions having a frontend already preconfigured and laid out with a simple doube click to launch each in a matter of seconds without having to edit game configurations or rememmber file paths is a much more simplified process.