VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mdavid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, need some direction.
I've installed DOSBox MegaBuild 6 to run some legacy dos software - not games. I need to print from within DOSBox and understood from here https://dosprn.com/faq.htm#25 that I could use DOSPRN. I've installed DOSPRN into the DOSBox Mount directory, but when I try and print using DOSPRN command-line options - C:\UTL\DOSPRN\DOSprn.exe C:\USER\S997\Input997.PRT I get error "This program must be run under WIN32"
Is it possible to use DOSPRN like this within DOSBox? If so, what am I doing wrong? Are there other alternatives for printing within DOSBox?

Any help much appreciated.
David

Paddling upstream searching for the source

Reply 1 of 4, by JosSchaars

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DOSPRN is a Windows program, it can’t be started from inside DOSBox (MegaBuild 6).
You would have to setup your program to print to a file, then let DOSPRN monitor the print files.
You could have a go with vDos, eventually you can still use DOSPRN for printing if vDos own print processor isn’t adequate.

Reply 4 of 4, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You should be able to grab any DOS utilities you need from FreeDOS. They should run under DOSBox.
Also, if your trying to run real MS-DOS utilities, you can get around the version problem using something like "VER SET 6 22" to make the program think your running MS-DOS 6.22