VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Dragosani

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well it seems that my quest is at an end, I have found a way to play my old favorites that I never tossed, even tho I am 3 O.S.s later. I have read some of these posts and such, so before I commit to D/Ling this product, I must confess to my ignorance. The one marked for 'Windows', does it cover WinXP-home edition, and what is all this 'frontend' stuff. Basically can somebody tell me what all I would want to D/L if I wasn't so ignorant of emulators ? 😕
Thanxz for yalls eye-ball time

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Windows version simply means that the program is supported on 9x,NT4,2000,XP,2003.

The frontend is just that. An addon which provides an interface to Dosbox commands/configurations that you would either have to type in manually or open the configuration file with notepad and edit yourself.

If you have any experience with Dos then using DosBox is easy. Just read the readme. If you do not have any experience with Dos then read the readme first and then post a question on these forums if you have any,

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 3, by Dragosani

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This product is what I am looking for then, my first cr8 was a DOS 4.2something with a whopping 25mb harddrive. After looking at the games this supports I am soooo thankful I never tossed my old favorites, but what does the rating 'broken' mean ? seems that MechWarrior2 is 'broken'
Again my thanxz

Reply 3 of 3, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Dragosani wrote:

... but what does the rating 'broken' mean ? seems that MechWarrior2 is 'broken'
Again my thanxz

Not working. But there is always hope that it did not work in some older version and it has changed since. You can try ... I do not have the game so I cannot tell more about it.

Mirek