VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

I had to come back and say " Many, Mega- Thank You z to Everybody involved in the creation of DOSBox" !! After playing my top old title : SpaceHulk, for about 7 hrs, words fail me in expressing my gratitude. But something along the lines of " Do you want my wife to spit or swallow " seems closest to the sense of jubilation I feel. 😁
Only drawback I have is that I am playing in a window about 6in X 10in, but that is a small price to pay, still gonna search these boards to see if there is anything I can do to fix this. I am debating altering the config file on that line about 'fullscreen=false'. Course some kind soul may already know something I may need to change, any help would be gr8ly appreciated.
If that person who posted about SpaceHulk running fine, but with no sound, still has that prob, I may be able to help. Took me over an hour to get it configured right, but most of that was the rust that built up on my meager DOS kung-fu.
Again many thanxz
Now to get TIE Defender working, thank GOD for 'legacy' drivers

Reply 1 of 2, by Dragosani

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry I truely dont know how I posted that 3Xz, I am so embarrassed 😳 all I did was hit 'submit' 1 time, and oddly enuff I am listed as a guest after I logged in. Moderators plz feel free to remove the 2 copies, just really wanted to say THANXZ 2 the DOSBox team 😊 well here I go again, pushing the submit button only 1 time

Reply 2 of 2, by Guest

User metadata

I too want to express my thanks to the Dosbox team. This is my story:
Im 18 now. When I was about 6 or 7, I was shown a computer game I abolutely adored from when I saw it: The Adventures of Willy Beamish. The family that owned it eventually gave the CD to our family, which I have held onto since we acquired it, all those years ago. Anyhow, the family was about to get its first computer, and I was thrilled at the prospect of being able to be Willy Beamish on the family's new P 75 Mhz computer!! BUT, it never worked. Conventional/Upper memory issue. Worked for ages to resolve the issue (and I was...10,11?), eventually DID solve it, but alas the game only loaded to a blank screen. That computer saw two subsequent upgrades down the track - first to a P2-233, with new ram and mboard, then to a P3-800, again with new ram and mboard. The game never worked that computer. THEN, in 2001, my school required I get a laptop. Our family chose, quite wisely, to not spend the money the school wanted us to on a brand new laptop that featured NO graphics card, but rather to pay a much cheaper price for a laptop...from 1996. Maybe, then, I thought, I could play Willy Beamish on that machine. Nope. Didnt work, tried everything, nothing. Period. 2004: A new computer, one of my own, a P4-2800. Windows XP. Assumed there was no chance whatsoever of getting 'Beamish to run. Then I stumbled across dosbox, and sure enough, the CD version of 'Beamish, voices and all, now WORKS on my XP system! This is at least 10 years after I had tried to get it working originally on the P 75. My thanks to the dosbox team - you guys are heroes! I hope this project continues to make developments so more and more of the great games of old can be preserved.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou dosbox crew.