First post, by Spottedkat

User metadata

These games also work with DosBox, but they arent signed into official list:

Links removed by Qbix

Reply 2 of 5, by icemann

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I thought posting links to abandonware was against the rules here? Though IIRC (via reading Retrogamer magazine recently) Lords of Midnight and Doomdarks Revenge never received PC versions besides fan made remakes. Though I have absolutely no idea at all whether thats right or not since I`ve not played either of the games before.

Two stones, two crosses, the rest is just icing. - 7th Guest

Reply 4 of 5, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

From what I can tell this is not abandonware and never has been. He freely offers the full versions of his games with source code (DOS both) on his site. http://www.icemark.com/ <- Official Homepage for the Above two Games. They are Conversions from the originals based in ZX Spectrum (which is not a PC Computer exactly) but he wanted to port something of this to the PC. I do not see how these are considered abanonware when they aren't even orginially PC games. So for the sake of it. These are fan remakes download the file and read his documentation.
Lol, I was curious enough to try them out and they do work in DOSBox. (Since they are coded for DOS.) I don't see why Fanmade Recreations should be considered abandonware. What about the King's Quest 1 and 2 recreations done by AGD Interactive and what about AGSForum's AGSEdit. They are called fanmade games and so are the LOM and DR remakes. *end of story* 😜.

/Ieremiou

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 5 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
c_j_curtis of england wrote:

why did qbix delete the links to those they were released as freeware by the creators a few years back were'nt they?

--chris--

I simply remove all links to sites that primary host abandonware.
Even if the games in question are freeware. I don't want to give the impression that linking to those sites is allowed.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!