VOGONS

Common searches

shift=1

Topic actions

First post, by sub

User metadata

when i type in dosbox window, pressing shift causes an 1 to be displayed on a command line (if i want to change to drive c and type c: ,on screen it's c1:

how to solve this(my keyboard works fine in any other app except dosbox)??

Reply 2 of 4, by Guest

User metadata

@sub: Which language is your keyboard? I have a Danish keyboard, with ':' on SHIFT-dot. Works fine in DOSBox.

I have problems with Alt-Gr which is needed to produce '\' (which is on Alt-Gr-lessthan. I solve this by switching the keyboard to US-English after starting DOSBox. Then I just close my eyes and tries to remember the layout of an old US-keyboard.

Reply 3 of 4, by sub

User metadata

...ran dosbox today and keyboard(which is croatian btw) worked completely fine! 😖 no more 1s.. it fixed itself misteriously out of nothing. i don't even have to switch to US to type \ because dbox assumes it's function on one of the extra cro-letter keys.
now i really would like to know was this some kind of dbox bug or is it a mean ugly gremlin inside my comp.?

Reply 4 of 4, by Srecko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you want to swap Y and Z (as my keyboard is croatian and qwertz as well:)),
I suggest also trying freedos's keyb.com besides keymapper - because the latter will mess-up those keys in some games with their own keyboard handler, which otherwise won't be affected with keyb.