VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Dosbox SDL error

User metadata

Hello, I Am a upcoming user: Mark Sallee (Hamtaro126)

And i got somthing wrong with Dosbox:

Every time i go in the DOSBOX.EXE program,
It Closes!

EDIT: it closes because of the "SDL Parachute Deployed error"

Reply 2 of 7, by Guest

User metadata

Hello: I am a newcomer. I got the same problem. I downloaded the DOSBox 0.62 and installed it. When I run the program during 2 o 3 seconds, appears 2 DOS windows, the firtst one has in the blue frame this: DOSBox 0.62, Cpu Cyclers: 3000, Frame skip 0, Program... In the black area appears the 3 following lines:
Config: Loading sttings from config file dosbox.conf
MIDI opened device: Win32
I can't catch the third line because disapears rapidly
Simultaneously appears the second one DOS window that has the following title: Program fFiles\DOSBox 0.62\DOSbox0.62 . Nothing in the black area a inmediately both windows desapear and returns to the Win explorer window.
I wil thank your comments.

Reply 3 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

@Guest - I am not sure if this will help, but try starting DOSBox from a command prompt with the -noconsole option. Like this:

C:\Programs\DOSBox\> dosbox.exe -noconsole

Hopefully you will be able to catch the final error message this way.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 7, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That hides the console (the black screen). The third Error is more than likely an Segementation Fault : SDL Parachute Deployed. It's been happening a lot in DOSBox 0.62. Appearently there's some funny stuff going on with how we use SDL and some crashes related to invoking the Keyboard Mapper have already been fixed in the CVS.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 5 of 7, by Guest

User metadata

Hi Guys: I followed the suggestion and these were the results:
Stderr.txt; Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
Std0ut.txt; CONFIG:Loading settings from config file dosbox.conf
MIDI:Opened device:win32
So the guess was right; however I can't catch the meaning and much less to do something to fix it. I'll appreciate your comments and explanations.