VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by JubJub

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have XP and I want to make a batch file that will automaticall type in all the "mount c c:\" and such commands. My problem is this, i can't figure out how to make the batch file type the commands into dosbox rather than the command prompt window. I have Dosbox-0.61 as well as dosbox-0.62 so go from there.

Reply 2 of 10, by JubJub

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

All right, thanks. I got that working and I have another question: How do you make DOSBOX execute a command on exit from a program?

What I want to happen is, when I exit the program that I'm running in DOSBOX, then DOSBOX automatically changes directories. How can I do that?

Reply 7 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

You would have to make a batch file for every single progam you want to run, or if you're really feeling advanced, there is a way to pass a batch file variables, I sure don't remember how though... as for doing it per program, i'd do something like this for say, Quest for glory 1

scidhuv
cd\dosbox\games\crap
cls

that will run scidhuv.exe, the games executable, then once that executable closes it will change to the dosbox\games\crap directory, then finally it will clear the screen.

Reply 8 of 10, by JubJub

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a bacth file for my one game

cd\arena
arena.bat
cd\

Now, if i just type in "cd\" then it returns me to the "c:\" prompt. But If I run the batch file, it stays in the ARENA folder.

I have another batch for another game

cd\dagger set dos4gvm=@dagger.vmc fall.exe z.cfg cd\ […]
Show full quote

cd\dagger
set dos4gvm=@dagger.vmc
fall.exe z.cfg
cd\

And it works fine. It does what I want it to, it returns me to the dos prompt upon exit of the game.

Any help?